Thursday, April 17, 2014

Swapping

A while ago, I came across a post from Jennifer who blogs over at Secondhand Dinosaur for a Favorite Fabric Swap.  She was looking for some very nice fabrics (she has excellent taste in fabrics) and the last print she had posted which was a red poppy print that looked familiar.  I looked through my scraps and found that I had a few large-ish scrap pieces of that print and sent an e-mail off to Jennifer to see if she would like them.  She said she would and we decided on a scrap and small drawstring bag or zipper pouch swap.

From her blog I saw that she liked solids and did not care too much for pink so when I saw the trims of different blues and teals from my son's quilt I had to use them in a draw string bag for her (yes, these are the same scraps that made their way into the Improv Quilt Two I posted last week).

I used In Color Order's tutorial, it was a very well and clearly written tutorial and the only thing I changed was to add a scrappy band in the middle of the bag.  I used this fun ruler twill tape and some hoarded Summersville house print fabric for the lining, and I think that it worked very nicely.

Post Updated:  I bought the twill tape from this lovely etsy store LittleRedCottage.


The drawstring bag and scraps have been mailed off and received so I could show you them here.




Thanks for stopping by!








12 comments:

  1. that twill tape is genius - is it still available anywhere? Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. It couldn't be more perfect! The scrappy improv middle is just gorgeous, especially set against the linen. I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bag! That twill tape is awesome! (I'm with Lynda - where'd you get it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the twill tape! So perfect! But the bag is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is precious, and I love the twill measuring tape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable. Little bags are fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your finish .....your bag is adorable. Thanks for sharing. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful bag, Cheryl! I love the twill tape too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bag turned out great! I am with everyone else, the twill tape is amazing! :)

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!