Friday, April 25, 2014

Tic Tac Hashtag Quilt - Finished

My finish to show you today is a baby version of a new pattern I am working on called Tic Tac Hashtag.  I came up with pattern earlier this year and made it my Lovely Year of Finishes goal to have the quilt finished by the end of the month (I hope to have the pattern finished and tested by the end of next month).  Here was my WIP post for Tic Tac Hashtag (and April goal setting post).


While I went with a red and blue variation, because the quilt uses two colors plus a background, I thought that it would be a great pattern to highlight favorite sports team or college colors.  The blocks are really large (16" x 16" finished) so this baby quilt having only 9 blocks came together pretty quickly.


I went back and forth on the quilting and finally decided on some large scale cross-hatch quilting to give the quilt a little texture but not take away from the simple piecing.  For the backing, I was originally going to use a large scale blue floral print, but once the top was complete I liked how it was very simple and gender neutral so I went with a solid gray.  The finishing touch is the bias stripe binding (from April Showers by Bonnie and Camille).  I love how well it matches the solid blue and gives the quilt top a little something extra.



Quilt Stats:

Pattern:  Tic Tac Hastag by Meadow Mist Designs (available soon), in the baby size (48" x 48")
Fabrics:  Kona Royal, Kona White, Polka dot by Robert Kaufman, Blue bias stripe from April Showers by Bonnie and Camille for Moda
Quilting: by me in a large scale cross-hatch pattern using Aurifil 50wt in 2024 white








6 comments:

  1. sew pretty. Love red white and blue quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely, the simple colour schemes are always so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the limited color palette and the overall simplicity of the quilt. I specially love the binding. A lovely finish!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the simplicity of this quilt - makes it shine, and with only three colors! Congrats on your finish, and thanks for linking to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous quilt! Well done on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!