Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Midnight Mystery Quilt - My Flying Geese

August's assignment for the Midnight Mystery quilt-a-long was to make flying geese using the no-waste method.

(It is not too late to join! See the Mystery Quilt Tab above for all of the information.)

Here is one flying goose...


And here is the flock of geese...


Just remember that it is not too late to join in! (We also have the option of an un-mystery quilt for those that would like a sneak peek of the finished design).


The next set of instructions will be posted on the first Thursday of September (the 3rd), thanks so much for quilting along with me :)

Related Mystery Quilt Posts

I am very happy to link up with Let's Bee Social @ Sew Fresh QuiltsNeedle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation, and WIP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced.





12 comments:

  1. I love your flock of geese! I can't wait to start sewing mine. I plan to start this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite a gaggle of geese just yet. I've started on my flying geese. Hopefully I'll have them all done by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice geese, I still have to trim mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty. I'm hoping to get mine done this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Cheryl! Anytime someone says "flock of geese" i think of that funny haircut from the 80's "flock of seagulls"
    I finally got my fabric goof squared away (ordered home decor weight by mistake) and am ready to start sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So neat and precise Cheryl! I have to get on this next step asap. I've been wondering what we'd get to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl, is the "no-waste" method where you start w/2 squares and make 4 at a time or something like that? Your geese are so neat and clean! I'm visiting from the Let's Bee Social linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such precise piecing! The low volume looks great.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  9. ashamed to admit have not started yet pondering abut whether to do blocks in differnt colours,or all the same decsions decisions decisions!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's just something about neatly pieced and pressed flying geese :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!